My thoughts, mostly about stripping and writing. Maybe a little bit about tattoos, politics, and octopuses, but mostly about stripping and writing.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Busy

I've got some deciding to do. I'm getting to a point where I could start to transition from dancing full time to dancing part time and working in a nail salon full time. But I'm also getting to a point where I could get the self-publishing journey underway. I told myself just last night I was gonna put nails off for six more months so I could give more of myself to my book... then today my homegirl told me I could come interview at the salon she works at.

This is the best sort of dilemma, as I am extremely grateful for all the opportunities in my life. But it’s also exhausting to think about dividing my energy up so many ways. I think I'm gonna just go for the interview and trust that whatever is meant to be, will be. I'm going to be honest about dancing and if they hire me, great. If not, I’ll start applying to more salons this winter. I don't have a man right now, my little sister is busy at school, my cousin is busy teaching school, and most of my close friends are busy with relationships and what not so I guess if there's any time in my life to be insanely busy, this is it.

Oh, and at work today a customer LICKED me in the VIP room. Sometimes I think God uses really bizarre signs to remind me it’s time to get my shit together…

No comments:

Post a Comment